People who still like Bill at this point in the show.
I find your arguments intriguing and well-formed, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
I know right? This should be my job.
- I never said he was a perfect character - I don’t know if you noticed - but mostly every character in True Blood have their own flaws - Eric’s tricking Sookie to drink his blood was no better - or Sookie deciding for Tara if she should live or not - people will always have different opinions - that is what makes us different - and i’m completely okay with it - so long people don’t hate blindlessly on any of the characters - we’re halfway season five - you SO cannot know - knowing the writers they can make it look like Eric is a total psycho and Bill is the perfect boyfriend by the end of the season - so shut the hell up if only hate can come out of your mouth - and enjoy the damn show - por favor - my deepest gratitude
Oh you sweet summer child…my hate is far from blind. It is exactingly detailed, cross-referenced, cited, footnoted, and collated, with the occasional full-color photograph or pie chart. Sometimes even a slideshow.
And you really don’t seem to be okay with differences in opinions. Since you are trying to cast out those in the fandom whose opinion differs from yours, or who express it in way you do not approve of. You are not Odin, you have no ability to cast anyone out. “I shall not have this fandom…” Oh, shall you not?
“I ship Sookie/Death…I ship Tara/Suicide”…why am I not surprised you hate two female characters so voraciously you wish for their onscreen deaths, yet you get all in a snit when someone doesn’t care for a male character and try to banish from Fandomarnia anyone who, according to you, hates on him too blindly (by…making accurate statements about his behavior? simply not liking him?). But wishing death on female characters who have been abused, raped, and maltreated? A-OKAY! THAT’S A TRUE NUMBER ONE SUPERFAN RIGHT THERE!
I am sorry you cannot see the difference between making a split-second decision about the extent of the life-saving measures you are willing to subject your dying friend to, and the pre-
medicatedmeditated decision to be a dick by torturing hardworking whores to death/spending 30 years enslaving people just for an opportunity to don a cardboard crown/beating a girl to the point of death just so you could forcibly drug the shit out of her in order to make her not fight off your advances, which is like taking away her choice cubed.
Nor apparently the difference between taking advantage of an opportunity to trick (not force, she had a choice, albeit an ill-informed one) a girl into taking a few drops of your blood, without endangering her in any way, for several reasons, not the least of which is that you know she’s already been heavily drugged, overcooked, by the Queen’s Procurer -a known sadist, rapist, and killer of women- who unintentionally and obliquely admitted to procuring her for said Queen (and by procure, I mean subject to a life of slavery, assault, and rape) so maybe getting some of your ancient, far-more-powerful blood in her might help break the spell she is under, giving her a fighting fucking chance, because you are Eric fucking Northman, and saving sassy ladies from lurking sexual predators with knives (both figurative and literal) at their throats is just what you do, you are the Norse God of Saving Ladies In The Nighttime, aaaand beating a girl to near death for the sole purpose of forcing her to take your blood or die, in order to make her easier to seduce and control, and then raping her (yeah, it’s rape, you can’t forcibly drug a girl with a drug that will make her want to fuck you and then fuck her, that’s rape).
(I’m serious about the Eric thing, think about his character and what he knows about Bill. Yes, Eric can be a fucking dick and a half. Yes, he can be ruthless when the situation calls for it. But had Bill not doused Sookie in his Billphordisiacs, ‘overcooking’ her, Eric would have never resorted to trying to counteract it with his own. Because as he’s made perfectly clear, he wants Sookie to choose him, not be compelled like some drugged-up doll. It’s a matter of pride and ego, if nothing else.)
Nor, apparently, do you know the difference between Sookie all by her onesies, and Sookie teamed up with Lala. Because they both had a hand in turning Tara. Pam may have made Sookie strike a bargain with her, but it was Lala who asked her to turn Tara in the first place. Sookie had to be cajoled into going along.
I’m also at a loss as to what you meant by “knowing the writers they can make it look like Eric is a total psycho and Bill is the perfect boyfriend by the end of the season”? What does that have to do with anyone’s like or dislike of a character? I do not require the writers permission to dislike Bill Compton, I already know he is a giant bag of various farm animal penises.
There’s a big difference between a flawed character (even a severely flawed and violent one), and one who’s just a douchey butcher.
School of EPBAS is in session. Schooling idiots the fandom over. :))
So many great lessons here:
1. “You are not Odin, you have no ability to cast anyone out.” This should be sent out as a memo to every tantrum-throwing, “I SHALL NOT HAVE IT IN MAH FANDOM!” Bill Compton impersonator.
2. “Wishing death on female characters who have been abused, raped, and maltreated” doesn’t make you a stellar fan in a position to scold others for hating Bill. It makes you a misogynist and a dick.
3. Learn how to distinguish between a crime and a misdemeanor. Or, you know, have some viewing comprehension lessons.
4. No one requires the writers’ permission to dislike Bill Compton. Who “is a giant bag of various farm animal penises.” :)
Also, these. Because, yes:
International House of Amen. Also, it is fully possible to appreciate and value Bill’s ROLE IN THE STORY, which I fully do! And at the same time, to think he is an unforgivable villain, WHICH I DO.
- foreverleamichele reblogged this from fuckyoubillcompton
- foreverleamichele likes this
- tempella reblogged this from snugglydean
- snugglydean reblogged this from spuffyfeels and added:
- luvtheaskars reblogged this from thevikingvampirequeen
- thevikingvampirequeen reblogged this from spuffyfeels
- thevikingvampirequeen likes this
- hsm7 likes this
- drink-up-sweet-decadence likes this
- spuffyfeels reblogged this from spuffyfeels and added:
- batz777 likes this
- youhadmeuntiltroll likes this
- cooznasty likes this
- kaybear47 likes this
- twat-did-you-say-i-cunt-hear-you reblogged this from victorianhooker
- brklynshannon reblogged this from unreconstructedfangirl
- divinethedivine reblogged this from fuckyoubillcompton
- blahblah-vampire-emergency-blah likes this
- goldie-hawn likes this
- switchbladekiller reblogged this from hsm7
- mommy-sanchez likes this
- mos--dope reblogged this from steepedsea
- wornbright likes this
- steepedsea reblogged this from exitpursuedbyasloth
- steepedsea likes this
- rinaway reblogged this from fuckyoubillcompton
- fuckyoubillcompton reblogged this from fangpyre
- hsm7 reblogged this from unreconstructedfangirl
- unreconstructedfangirl reblogged this from stillhidden and added:
- stillhidden reblogged this from exitpursuedbyasloth
- spellboundtrubie reblogged this from spuffyfeels
- unreconstructedfangirl likes this
- snugglycastiel likes this
- robbieren044219 reblogged this from switchbladekiller
- robbieren044219 likes this
- spuffyfeels likes this
- exitpursuedbyasloth reblogged this from zedsalivebaby and added:
- sosanguine likes this
- blainebubblebutt likes this
- faelove23 likes this
- alwaysclasssy likes this
- trueblooddiaries reblogged this from tempella and added:
- thinkingbox reblogged this from stillhidden and added:
- raggedytransman likes this
- onceuponeinvampireworld likes this
- stillhidden likes this
- kolonthree likes this
- ragingscorpio reblogged this from luvtheviking
- zedsalivebaby reblogged this from exitpursuedbyasloth and added: